Training with us
• CHAT has more than five years’ experience of training teachers to qualification, and many of our graduate teachers have chosen to remain with us and have seen their careers progress rapidly.
• Last year we entered into an exciting new partnership with the University of Warwick, a member of the Russell Group, ranked 6th in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide.
• We worked closely with Warwick to design a bespoke course for working trainees with depth, integrity and aspiration to the highest standards.
• On the job learning will be constant, but there will also be formal training sessions every Friday and there will be a residential week at Warwick.
• You will be allocated a professional mentor from our strong team of experienced teachers to help you to become a confident, self-regulated learner.
Visit our YouTube channel to watch short films of teachers who have trained with us.
What is special about CHAT?
• Our five schools are located in close proximity to each other in the borough of Enfield, North London. This helps us to work together in close collaboration as a mutually supportive family of schools, all sharing the same vision to provide top quality education on one of London’s most challenging boroughs.
• We are building a unique all through education provision, with a guaranteed place at Heron Hall, our secondary Academy, for every child who graduates from one of our Primaries. This model is still forming and working with us will give you a unique insight into how new schools can grow and build their reputation within a community.
• We are one of the largest local employers, proud of our diversity and deeply embedded within our surrounding communities.
What are the opportunities for career development and progression?
• Opportunities to develop through doing an MA with Warwick University (1 year as you will have 90 credits and it will be subsidised).
• Wide ranging opportunities across our family of schools including early years, primary and secondary phases.
• Rapid career development as evidenced by the many senior teachers in CHAT academies who have advanced quickly and successfully with us post qualification.
What qualifications do I require?
• GCSE or equivalent Grade Cs in English, Maths and Science.
• Graduate and/or postgraduate level qualification in appropriate subject area and/or other relevant qualifications equivalent to degree level with a classification of at least 2:2.
• Some work experience in a school environment is highly desirable.
• Numeracy and literacy skills test must be successfully completed within 8 to 10 weeks if you are successful at interview. You can find out about the tests and what is involved.